In 1813, Philip Boyer opened "The Compass" hotel in the original five room Georgian house, ca.1733. His son John sold out to George Stoner in 1847. George expanded the house into current structure of today. In it, he opened a general store with post office and named it "Stonersville".
The building was later home to Stonersville Tavern, popular with drovers, and the short-lived Muhlenburg Brewery, which opened here in 1856.
T he bar & restaurant was started around the turn of the 20th century. Rumour has it the attic housed a speakeasy during the Prohibition years.
Although overnight accomodations are no longer available, we still pride ourselves on providing sustenance and libations to locals & weary travelers.